Product used: Lipglass, in Underage, by MAC Cosmetics
I hear you girls: “Lip gloss?! it’s not even a challenge!!!”
For me, it is. I’m a hard devotee of the matte lipstick cult. Once it’s on, it doesn’t move (especially with the best trick in the world), which I love. The exact opposite of lip gloss, which, I find, rhymes with sticky, high maintenance and Kim Kardashian.
Since this beauty challenge is about trying new things, I once again confronted my fears and drafted out a list of do’s and don’ts if you wish to join the Lip Gloss Team.
5 things you SHOULD NOT do while wearing lip gloss:
- Do not Shake It Off with Taylor Swift if your hair is loose. You will eat hair and spit hairballs.
- It’s apple picking time and you’re tempted to eat one WHILE wearing lip gloss? Hold back. The gooey mixture will inevitably spread onto the fruit as you bite your way into it. In other words, you’re pretty much snacking on lip gloss.
- Truth be told, I rarely have tissue at home. So yes, I use toilet paper as napkins when the need arises. (Don’t worry, I won’t do that if I have you over for dinner. ) But, I’ve learned the hard way that it does not go well with lip gloss. Sticky pout + toilet paper = papier mâché lips.
- If the lip gloss you’re using has sequins, don’t kiss your boyfriend. His friends will make fun of him.
- I haven’t had the chance to try any of these activities with lip gloss on, but they seem like obvious no-nos:
- Don’t get caught in a desert storm. With or without lipgloss.
- Do not sand wood. I repeat, do not sand wood.
- Don’t eat couscous if you can’t point your mouth with your eyes closed.
5 things you SHOULD do while wearing lip gloss:
- Shake it off with Taylor Swift if your hair is in a bun.
- Cut your apple in small pieces like your mom used to do when you were little. Visibly, she was already preparing you for future beauty challenges.
- Use fabric napkins, like these really nice ones by La Sérigraphe, my sister Virginie’s company. They’re not just good for your lips, but also for the environment.
- Wear clear lip gloss and get busy with a 2-hour french kissing session on your couch with your boyfriend or girlfriend or whoever you want to make out with.
- Again, I haven’t tried any of these, but they seem like appropriate situations for lip gloss:
- Travel where there’s no sand, like Stockholm.
- Feeling creative? Forget furniture building DIY projects and take out your colored pencils.
- Wear it if you want to create the illusion of fuller lips. (You’re right, this is the only serious advice in this whole article.)
I want to know: Are you more on the lipstick or lip gloss team?