Fashion week marathon is officially over (which I got to experience from the comfort of my own couch), which also means that all street style photos from the Fall 2019 shows are in!
As you know, the fashion happening on the sidewalk, a few feet away from the actual fashion shows, is now just as rich in trend forecasting as are the new collections themselves. Scroll down for an overload of inspiring outfits, each accompanied with my oh-so insightful remarks. Hopefully, this photo album might inspire you to reconsider your closet with a fresh take or convince you to buy that vintage coat you’ve been eyeing since last weekend.
1. Is it a coat? Is it a dress? This garment is not meant to be put in a box, it’s just meant to be cool.
2. The final push I needed to indulge in a pair of cowboy boots. Yeehaw!
3. Don’t those pants make you want to have a peek at her boots? From what I can see, they look pretty amazing.
4. When a picture is equally fabulous as it is ridiculous. At the risk of sounding like my mom, I’m sure they all got a cold two days later.
5. Where do the boots end and where does the coat start: That is the question.
6. The 80s called and they want their dresses back.
7. When leather looks more buttery than butter itself.
8. If you look up “bob” in the dictionary, you’ll see her picture right next to it.
9. A flirty floral dress with goth pointy boots makes me think of Teen Vogue’s editorials. As a nostalgic gal, I’m obviously loving it.
10. I bet five bucks she’s singing “9 to 5” from Dolly Parton in her head.
11. My face when I’m like “Why don’t I have a fringed jacket yet?”
12. Brown is the new black.
13. “Don’t mind me, I’m only wearing my super casual silver python boots.”
14. Now, that’s what I call a power suit.
15. Three things: 1) The plastic boots on the left 2) The super cute lunch box/handbag on the right 3) The lady in the background, who should have gotten her very own picture.
16. A human yin yang.
17. Question: If that belt bag was your, what would you put in it? Get creative and answer in the comments. (Personally: I’d go for a handful of trail mix. You never know when hunger is going to strike.)
18. How many hair clips is too many hair clips? I’m kidding. There’s no such thing.
19. Can someone recall a time when Kate Foley was wrong about an outfit?
20. Yes, those outfits look great, but not as much as the shot itself. I’m winking back at ya, Reese Blutstein.
21. Finally, an outfit I could actually wear out for brunch and not stressing over staining it with eggs Benedict.
22. I guess I’m getting white tights next time I’m at the drugstore.
23. So I’ve been flirting with the idea of a headscarf for a couple of months and, *GREAT NEWS*, this summer might be it.
24. A turtleneck that could swallow my whole head (warmth), a huuuuge coat (comfort), and leggings with foot straps (practicality): Where do I sign up?
25. The Matrix vibe, if Trinity had decided to go for a white coat.
26. Do you think they called each other in the morning to coordinate their outfits? There’s no way life can be that perfect.
27. Just really hoping it’s fake fur. Or vintage.
28. You know I’m a sucker for something super casual (here: parka) with something super fancy (here: sequin dress).
29. The kind of outfit my mom would say “I had something just like that”. To which I would answer with all the love in the world “And you didn’t keep it, because?!?!?!».
30. Me, walking into spring like… :D
If you liked this post, you’re going to love these ones